Re: Dropping a datafile from test db (ORA-01111)

From: Steve Howard <stephen.howard_at_us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2004 10:22:54 -0800

"Syltrem" <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca> wrote in message news:<GAukd.48$df.1932_at_tor-nn1.netcom.ca>...
> I copied ALL of the datafiles for the tablespaces I need in the cloned db.
>
> I can't use EXPort, or trsnaportable tables.
> I have 0 seconds to clone the db, at exactly 00:00 hours on the 1st of
> December, so what I want is to clone the db, then roll it forward until the
> "cut" time.
>

> --
> Syltrem

Maybe I am missing something, but why not hot clone your database sometime before midnight on the 1st, and just apply redo to it until midnight. At that time, archive the current online redo log in the source database, and apply this newly archived log to the clone, cancel recovery, and you are current...maybe not in one second, but pretty close.

You could then drop whatever you wanted/didn't need.

Regards,

Steve Received on Thu Nov 11 2004 - 12:22:54 CST