Oracle logs -- give a hand to a MS SQL DBA ;-)

From: Vladimir <evesq_at_uk2.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:39:22 +0300

Hello,

I'm a MS SQL DBA, but now have to learn Oracle. There is the only log
(ErrorLog) in MS SQL, it stores security events (such as logon/logout),
configurations changes and error messages.

I'm very confused while I searched for the same log(s) in Oracle. As far as I understand there are several logs in Oracle (security, alert, backup, performance...), and they're stored as a tables. Is it right?

What kind of logs Oracle DB server manages? Could you recommend a documents
(url desired) for reading?

Thank you for your time,
Vladimir. Received on Thu Nov 11 2004 - 07:39:22 CST