Re: SQL tuning

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:54:40 -0500

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:53:06 +0100, Access wrote:

> I'm looking for some good resources (books, websites, courses, ...) on
> Oracle SQL tuning. I already have Mark Gurry's "Oracle SQL Tuning" pocket
> reference which I find very good.

Before getting into things like buffer cache and alike, I'd like recommending a little less known book called: "Optimizing Oracle Performance" by Cary Millsap and Jeff Holt. I have no idea why did both of those guys receive "Oracle Author Of The Year" award. Just read the book, it's an excellent one.

--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.