Re: Queries slow after Upgrade to Oracle 9i

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 9 Nov 2004 17:07:08 -0800

Someone <abc_at_def.com> wrote in message news:<2tudnaM-UN9xag3cRVn-pQ_at_golden.net>...
> DB Dude suggested that:
> > We have a query which use take less then a minute on Oracle 817, last
> > week we upgraded it to Oracle 9i and it takes 48 minutes. I know these
> > are not enough info to ask such question, but all I want to know is:
> > Is there any known issue with Oracle 9i.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> What version and patchset are you running?

Did you update the optimizer statistics after performing the upgrade? What does the query in question look like?

There were at least a dozen hidden parameters that affect the CBO that had their defaults values of off in 8.1.7 converted to on in 9+ One of more of these may be affecting you depending on the exact version of 9i you upgraded to. If you are at any release below 9.2.0.5 you should apply the patch sets and get to 9.2.0.5. Version 9.2.0.6 is out for 32 bit Solaris and Windows but nothing else so far.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Nov 09 2004 - 19:07:08 CST