9i / mod_plsql / cookie problem

From: Jeremy <newspostings_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:45:27 -0000

Environmsnts:

9ias & 8.1.6 / Solaris 2.7
9ias & 9ir2 / WinXP
9ias & 9ir2 / Solaris 9

Guys, appreciate any thoughts on this - I appear to be unable to expire cookies in a pl/sql procedure which looks like this:

declare
  l_cookie owa_cookie.cookie;
begin
  owa_util.mime_header('text/html', FALSE);   l_cookie := owa_cookie.get('sessionid');   for i in 1..l_cookie.num_vals
  loop
    owa_cookie.remove('sessionid',l_cookie.vals(i),path=>'/');   end loop;
  owa_util.http_header_close;
end;

I know the cookies are there but this removal doesn't appear to have any effect on the cookies that are present (using both the cookie manager in e.g. netscape7 and subsequent pl/sql procedures which check for existence of the cookies).

As I understand, although the proceudre is owa_cookie.remove, this actually sets an expiration date in the past on the named cookies and that subsequent gets should not return a cookie?

Appreciate any tips on this!

--

jeremy