Re: Why is sort segment growing extremely big on simple query?

From: Don Vaillancourt <donv_at_webimpact.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:09:09 -0500

Are you serious?

I can't retrieve from any CLOBs larger than 32KB? That's not good. I remember reading the docs and well this is what I found:

FUNCTION DBMS_LOB.SUBSTR
    (lob_loc IN BLOB,

     amount IN INTEGER := 32767,
     offset IN INTEGER := 1)

RETURN RAW; For amount I definitely couldn't go up to 32767 bytes or anything that big. I was even told that 4000 bytes was the max which ia about right.

I think that we'll have to write a java class that just reads the record through streams.

--
* Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development

/ This email message is intended only for the addressee(s)
copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is
/