Re: A voodoo masterpiece

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 9 Nov 2004 03:09:11 -0800

<quote>

No - read Mike's comment carefully. It is a little out of context, but he makes the perfectly valid statement that "proofs" undertaken on a PC can break down at high loads on 'real systems'. You only have to consider that PCs tend to be single-CPU systems to realise how true that can be. It's why I sometimes give away free consultancy time in exchange for temporary access to large-scale hardware.
</quote>

and why I'd kill for Oracle to have a system event log facility similar to
the one in DB2. Quite frankly, "the last 16 waits" or whatever it is nowadays, just doesn't cut it in busy systems, I'm afraid. And let's not even mention RAC... Received on Tue Nov 09 2004 - 05:09:11 CST