Re: RMAN fatal error

From: Pawel W <pwozniczka_at_no_spam_kghm.pl>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:23:10 +0100

>RMAN-10006: error running sql statement: select act from x$ksusex
>where sid=:1 and serial=:2
>RMAN-10002: ORACLE error: ORA-01089: immediate shutdown in progress -
>no operations are permitted
>I found it quite strange because at that time nothing else was
>running. After the above error I rerun the backup and it went through
>ok. Any ideas on what might have happen?

What kind of backup is it, "hot" or "cold" ?

If "cold" then somewhere in your rman or shell scripts there are probably commands to shutdown your instance and next start it in the "mount" mode. Sometimes the "shutdown immediate" command is either not able to stop the instance, or it takes quite a long time to do it, if such a situation occurs then rman will not be able to cooperate with the database.

Pawel Wozniczka Received on Mon Nov 08 2004 - 05:23:10 CST