Re: Web authentication: some general questions

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:32:57 +0000

Mark C. Stock wrote:
> "Chris" <_no_spam__at_telstra.com> wrote in message
> |
> | "Alex NSB" <alexnsb_at_tin.it> wrote in message
> | > Hi Pedro,
> | >
> | > thanks for taking time to reply.
> | >
> | > I'll surely have a look at HTMLDB.
> | >
> | > My main concern with this kind of products is that often they don't
> leave
> | > the developer *complete* freedom to design the user interface (which is
> | > must for us). Portal, for example, always draws its own <TABLE>s around
> | the
> | > objects (to my knowledge, of course): is HTMLDB different in your
> | > experience? Can this product render a dynamic page *exactly* equal to a
> | > static HTML page built in dreamweaver (with div, graphics, css, etc.)?
> |
> | You have full control over the layout of your pages.
> |

> Alex,
>
> Are you saying that you are not using Oracle's AS? If so, what app server
> are you using?
>
> Are you using mod_plsql (or mod_owa)?
>
> ++ mcs

You'll be using mod_plsql.

About the pages... and rendering..
It is possible to have full control, but I think that's where you'll spend most of your time. You'll have to build your own templates. You can also choose to not apply a template, and put your html and css around your plsql.

bye,
PLopes Received on Sun Nov 07 2004 - 15:32:57 CST