10g versus 9.2+?

From: Niclas Rothman <niro_at_nnit.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2004 04:46:58 -0800

Hi experts!
I´m in a situation where I´m supposed to give a recomendation for what version our customrer should upgrade to. Today where on a Oracle 8.1.7.4 and the big question is if we should go for 9.2+ our 10g??? My main argument have been that the XML support i more amature in 10g vs. 9+, is this true? What is it that you cannot do in 9 that you can do in 10 etc.....

The customer have the opinon that we should not go for such a new version as 10g, the usual arguments as "we don´t want the initial bugs in our environment as we can expect from a new product" , is this a valid argument. Is the 10g stable?

Could you guide me of some key pro & cons?

Thanks for your help!!
Niclas Received on Sun Nov 07 2004 - 06:46:58 CST