Re: dbms_redefintion

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:38:57 -0800

Oradba Linux wrote:
> I tried a small example to partition a non-partitioned table using
> dbms_redefinition.I created a new user "redef" and gave it execute
> catalog role privilege, but it gave me an error when i tried to
> start_redef procedure. I then gave the user dba role and it worked.
> The other privs user "redef" had is connect and resource.
> The doc for says dbms_redefinition to work, the user needs execute
> catalog role priv. Why did not it work in my case ?

No version or edition
No error message

Most likely the redef user didn't have the privileges required and listed in the manual. The following are what I use for my demos.

GRANT create session TO uwclass;
GRANT create materialized view TO uwclass; GRANT create table TO uwclass;
GRANT create trigger TO uwclass;
GRANT create view TO uwclass;
GRANT execute ON dbms_redefinition TO uwclass;

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington