Re: History of Oracle 10g

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 13:13:50 -0500

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:16:32 -0800, SAP BASIS Consultant wrote:

> I searched (Both google and Oracle's Website) for a
> document describing the history of Oracle 10g (When
> it was first released as beta, when it was first
> released for general use, etc..), but I was unable
> to find anything.

In the begining, there was Word. The Word was a trinity, comprised of the first letters of 3 other words (International Business Machines). And the word was God. And the God said: let there be SQL. And then God contracted Ted Codd and Chris Date to develop it. Then SQL did not look very good,so the IBM sold it for $100 to 3 of his own children (Larry Ellison, Ed Oates, Bob Miner) who established the company called "Relational Technologies Inc." which created the first relational database called "Oracle" on PDP-11. The software was written in the assembly language. Few month afterwards, there was Oracle 10g.

--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.