dbms_redefintion

From: Oradba Linux <oradba_linux_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:03:00 GMT

I tried a small example to partition a non-partitioned table using dbms_redefinition.I created a new user "redef" and gave it execute catalog role privilege, but it gave me an error when i tried to start_redef procedure. I then gave the user dba role and it worked. The other privs user "redef" had is connect and resource. The doc for says dbms_redefinition to work, the user needs execute catalog role priv. Why did not it work in my case ? Received on Sat Nov 06 2004 - 12:03:00 CST