Re: Windows 2003, Oracle 7.3.3 Connection

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:29:24 +1100

Michael Thomas wrote:

> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message

>> > It won't talk to 7.3.4 either.
>> >
>> > Peter
>>

>> Sure about that? I could have sworn that Norman Dunbar had it working...
>> but maybe my brain cells are fading with time...

> Hehehe. Maybe you are both right. I just read that 9.0 can connect to
> 7.3.4 but 9.2 can not, so maybe it depends how we define '9i'?
>
> Maybe HJR is in fact thinking about 9.2, but I'm not familiar with
> Norman Dunbar's work. And, I cannot confirm because I don't have a 9.0
> system.
>
> HTH
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Thomas

Thanks for the enlightenment, Mike. Norman's an irregular regular here, and I sort-of remembered him having posted on the matter.

I'd love to test, but I'm fresh out of Oracle 7 databases!!

And yes, now you mention 9i Release 1 can and 9i Release 2 can't connect to 7.3.4, I seem to sort-of vaguely perhaps remember someone posting here about that a while back.

Good to be brought up-to-date, so thanks.

Regards
HJR Received on Sat Nov 06 2004 - 02:29:24 CST