Oracle 8i temporary tablespace

From: Roop <rupinder99_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:22:13 -0500

Hello

          I want to recreate the temporary tablespace in ORACLE 8i and I am doing the following steps:

  1. STARTUP (OPEN MODE)
  2. create tablespace temp_data1 datafile 'temp_data1.dbf' size 30m autoextend on next 10M default storage ( initial 100k next 100k minextents 1 maxextents unlimited PCTINCREASE 20) online temporary;
  3. DROP TABLESPACE TEMP_DATA INCLUDING CONTENTS; //DROPS THE OLD TEMPORARY TABLESPACE
  4. ALTER USER SYS TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP_DATA2; //ASSIGN USERS NEW TEMPORARY TABLESPACE
  5. ALTER USER SYSTEM TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP_DATA2;
Are these steps ok (how is default temporary tablespace assigned in 8i) and am i missing any of the steps.

Thank you in advance Received on Thu Nov 04 2004 - 20:22:13 CST