Re: Export On Oracle 9ir2 Throwing Errors

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:20:10 +1100

"AJ" <aj70000_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6097f505.0411041251.5ae0fc57_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> We are running Oracle 9iR2 on SuSe Linux Enterprise version 9 (SLES-9)
>
> I am trying to run exports from the client and the server both, but i
> am having some problems.
>
> Here is What I did.
>
> - I updated sys.prop$ file to change the character set and nchar set
> to UTF8

Bzzzt. Wrong.

Wrong because the table is actually called PROPS$, not PROP$. And even wronger because you *never* update the data dictionary tables directly, auditing -and AUD$- excepted.

You are now, therefore, the proud owner of a toasted database.

Just out of interest, what made you think that merely by saying the character set was X, it would make it so??

HJR Received on Thu Nov 04 2004 - 16:20:10 CST