Re: SOS - the day after migrating to Oracle 9.2

From: Alex <Nomail_at_home.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2004 12:43:06 -0600

That's the official support policy.

regards

Alex

Note:249212.1

PURPOSE

Customer Direction for our Support of VMWare by Oracle Support Services

SCOPE & APPLICATION

For Customers running Oracle on VMWare. No limitation on use or distribution.

Support Status for VMWare

Oracle provides support of the Oracle Stack when running on a VMware vitual machine in the following manner. If a problem arises and it is a known Oracle issue, Oracle support will recommend the appropriate solution. If that solution does not work, the issue will be referred back to VMware for support. If the problem is determined to be an unknown
Oracle issue when running on a VMware virtual machine, the issue must be
reproduced on a physical system by the customer or VMware before a bug will be submitted to Oracle Development for resolution. All issues which
are determined to be VMware specific will be referred back to VMware for
support.