Re: To the moron who keeps sending me a virus with Daniel's email ID:

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2004 14:40:51 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1099366185.735053_at_yasure>...
> Noons wrote:
>
> > I never, ever, ever, open unsolicited or unrecognized
> > attachements. No matter what, where or whose.
> >
> > Better give up now, you're wasting your time...
>
> We've got some moron sending email to the Puget Sound Oracle Users
> Group, each and every one with a virus: Get about one per day. Last one
> however was a mistake. The person doing it spoofed CITI Bank on the
> email address and now the FBI is looking them down.
>
> You can mess with a user group ... but messing with a bank? That was an
> act of incridble stupidity as it violates US Federal law. ;-)

I started getting viruspam at that rate as soon as I posted a virgin address to oracle-l. The very first one was the bank spoof. And Citibank is just so helpful:
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.46.html#subj12.1 http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/12.15.html#subj6.1 And machines never lie and they're always right http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/4.70.html#subj8

Getting the straight-text digest of oracle-l, something filters it based on virus or content about 20% of the time, and I don't know where or why! You'd think a filter would put some sort of clue. Admin of mail says it is not on receiving end.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"There's a lot of this fighting-witing going on in the neighbourhood."