Re: SOS - the day after migrating to Oracle 9.2

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:00:30 +1100

"Alex" <Nomail_at_home.com> wrote in message news:2ceio09io2ec3iousepqb8qoddfuarujc6_at_news-east.newscene.com...
> First of all, thanks everyone for your comments.
>
> To the vmware.
> It's running on vmware ESX Server latest version and patches.
> SLES 8.
> Server consolidation is the reason the hardware &system guys are
> starting to migrate most of the 120 servers in this direction.

The reason is immaterial. No-one questions the good things about VMware. It's just that Oracle doesn't work on it properly for production purposes. Period.

> So, we're not the first server, but the first major DB.
>
> I'm trying to track the problems from both sides:
>
> Outside -> IN ( vmware to oracle) and the other way round.
>
> We did not have any problem to open a tar with oracle an receive a
> patch for a lgwr issue - so much for the support.

And did you tell them you were running in VMware?

But whatever... patching their product is what they're there for. But go back andd open a Tar for a VMware/Oracle interaction problem and see what sort of response you get...

HJR Received on Wed Nov 03 2004 - 16:00:30 CST