performance blob

From: Jan Bollen <jan.bollen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2004 11:31:33 -0800

Hi,

My thesis is about the storage of heartsignals (eg: .dat files). My goal is to prove the Oracle is the best choice... I have written an application that can upload and download en file to a BLOB in the Database (using java 1.5.0: InputStream/OutputStream). The performance is +- 15 mbs on a AMD XP 3200+, 512mb ram, 120gb 8mb cache and WinXP using Oracle 9.2. While just copying a file is a lot faster..

Question 1: Is this a normal speed or can it get any faster?
Question 2: Maybe using interMedia?
Question 3: Can i addapt interMedia, so i can include my own
matlab-functions in the db and in that way that i can use them in my queries?
Question 4: Any other tips/tricks?

Thanks in advantage!

Jan Received on Wed Nov 03 2004 - 13:31:33 CST