Re: Oracle block corruption, restore and roll forward

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 3 Nov 2004 06:48:30 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<41884f24$0$32593$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...

> Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that you didn't restore froma
> suffcieintly old backup, and that the corruption was in the backup you just
> restored from. In which case (a) why don't you verify your backups using
> DBVerify (dbv) -because then you would have known of the problem in your
> backup set. And (b) how about restoring from a much older backup and
> recovering that?

... and also how about using RMAN utility for future backups to ensure that something like this (unnoticed corrupted backup set) wouldn't happen again?

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.