Re: So what if 8i is outta support ?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 2 Nov 2004 18:38:54 -0800

oily_dipstick_at_hotmail.com (Oily) wrote in message news:<ecd34b94.0411020436.53f2ee37_at_posting.google.com>...

> to boil down to technical knowledge and up to date skills. Daniel, a
> question. Does your partner have a career? Is the career of your
> partner a factor in your relationship, or do you just trash their
> career if you decide to move on and relocate? I think that maybe it's

He's got a point, Daniel. I haven't got into this thread for time reasons (to busy at the mo) but this is something I'd have raised myself. Having been at the wrong end of the stick for the last 12 years while my kids grow and other priorities in life have been imposed on me, I don't take lightly to anyone telling me I'm "out of it" because I'm running a family and can't take off to the wild blue yonder on a whim. Like it or not, a country cannot afford to import its entire technical workforce just because its own people want to have a life outside the cubicle. Any country indulging in that is in for a rude awakening: eventually the imports will dry up once they realise what's going on. What's left then? Uganda? What happens then?

> level. So, maybe the 'poor guy' who answers the calls for V7 issues is
> happy with his lot and has made the choice. He is also, most likely,
> fluent with 9i.

Bingo. And NO ONE should need to keep paying Oracle for version-by-version "certificates" of competence in order to remain competitive in the marketplace. Received on Tue Nov 02 2004 - 20:38:54 CST