How to stop ALL dbms_jobs from executing ?

From: G Dahler <gordon.dahler_at_spamex.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:29:19 -0500

Oracle 8174, solaris 2.6

I will be doing some maintenance on a database (moving tables from DMT to LMT tablespaces and rebuilding indexes) and I want to minimize access to the tables during the operation. Is there a way to stop all jobs scheduled with DBMS_JOB from executing, other than flagging all of them as "broken" ?

I would like NOT to have to shut down the database if possible.

Should I take a cold backup before attempting this or would my hot backup suffice if something goes very wrong during the "move" of the tables ?

Thanks Received on Tue Nov 02 2004 - 13:29:19 CST