Procedure for Moving Datafile of SYSTEM Tablespace in 8i and 9i

From: SAP BASIS Consultant <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Nov 2004 07:44:42 -0800

Hello,

I have used the procedure mentioned below a couple of times to move datafiles. Can I use the same procedure for moving the datafile associated with the SYSTEM tablespace, or are there other things I need to take into account for SYSTEM?

Make backup.

Bring down the DB.

Copy the file using OS tools

Startup mount <DB>;

Alter database rename file '<old_location>' to '<new_location>';

Alter database open;

Backup the db and remove old file. Received on Tue Nov 02 2004 - 09:44:42 CST