Re: Regarging Standard & Non-standard block size for db_cache

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:43:04 +1100

"qazmlp" <qazmlp1209_at_rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:db9bbf31.0411020226.75d639e7_at_posting.google.com...
> Case-1)
> db_cache_size = 3600M
>
> Case-2)
> db_cache_size = 600M
> db_8k_cache_size = 3000M
>
> Will there be a difference in performance in the above cases?
> On what basis, the DBA has to decide whether to use Standard 4K block
> size or to have non-standard block sizes also for the Database?

Please read my article on database block sizes at www.dizwell.com.

The precise address is: http://www.dizwell.com/html/db_block_size.html

Short story: don't use multiple block sizes unless you know what you are doing.

Another short moral: start using the Internet to find out about this sort of thing. I just typed 'db block size' into Google, and my web page is the first link that pops up.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Nov 02 2004 - 04:43:04 CST