How to get partition info on a table?

From: Sumitro Samaddar <samaddar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2004 17:53:40 -0800

We have a multi-threaded application that sources data from a given Oracle table. We want to create multiple threads such that each thread gets rows from one or more partitions and does some processing on them. How do we detect how many partitions are defined for that table and what are their names? Essentially, we want to be able to generate SQL queries (SELECT statements) to fetch rows from specific partition(s).

Thanks.
-Sumitro Received on Mon Nov 01 2004 - 19:53:40 CST