Re: OMLET 4.1: The Ultimate Oracle Tracker and Monitoring Cracker

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2004 16:19:13 -0800

pagesflames_at_usa.net (Dusan Bolek) wrote in message news:<1e8276d6.0411010718.72faa093_at_posting.google.com>...

> Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.10.31.22.20.47.453996_at_sbcglobal.net>...
> > That's simple: if you don't, my killfile is readily available. I don't
> > want to read omlet's articles and I will make sure of that. Not only there
> > is a right to free speech, the founding fathers gave us the right to
> > filter out whatever we don't want to see. Fortunately, pan uses PCRE
> > based filtering, so it's very easy to ensure that my nirvana is not
> > interrupted by bozos.
>
> I think that free speech right doesn't excuse spamming and as far as
> the latest legislative changes shows, I'm right. The problem with kill
> files is that you can't use them on google groups. :-(

And the other problem is that other spammers may take the lack of response as evidence that the group condones such postings. I'm a bit amazed we haven't seen more - I don't know if that is because those articles haven't been completely ignored.

I think the legislative changes are full of loopholes legitimizing spam, I expect we haven't yet seen what will happen as every corp starts to capitalize on "pre-existing relationships." But I have to admit, my C$erve account has much less UCE these days, nearly all of which is the disgusting stuff. On my Cox account, the Bayesian filtering works quite well.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
And not having that account works best of all!