Re: How can I find the javavm version?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2004 07:11:53 -0800

Harry Boswell <Harry_Boswell@@deq.state.ms.us> wrote in message news:<cv55o0l3j3vo6tgluki3n2kul3k44uded3_at_4ax.com>...
> I thought I had seen a simple query to give this information, but I can't
> find it again. I need to know what version of the javavm is
> installed/enabled in my database - 9.2.0.5, Solaris 9.
>
> Thanks,
> Harry Boswell

Hi,

Metalink Note:131872.1 has all the code. Basically it gets this information from the Java system property "java.version".

Alternatively, you could simply look at
$ORACLE_HOME/javavm/doc/readme.txt for the section titled something like "java.version, oracle.jserver.version, and oracle.server.version". I'm not sure if you can upgrade the JVM inside the database. If you have not or can't do it at all, then trust that number.

If you launch OUI (Universal Installer) and drill down to <your database version> | Oracle JVM <Oracle version> | Oracle Java Tools <Oracle version> | Java Runtime Environment <JRE version>. That JRE version should also show the JVM version. But on my 9.2 database (running on XP), it shows 1.1.8.16.0 in OUI while the readme.txt file says 1.3.1. They're only slightly off in 10g.

Yong Huang Received on Mon Nov 01 2004 - 09:11:53 CST