Re: ORA-12571 during installation of 9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:06:29 +1100

"Kim Falk" <kim_falk_jorgensen_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a68ed7db.0411010228.56a599fc_at_posting.google.com...
> Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl> wrote in
> message news:<rspao09mv9qfnes411ost2v33kcqjupmpa_at_4ax.com>...
>> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:54:28 +0100, Kim Falk
>> Packet writer failures are very rare. They are usually the result of
>> misconfigured network and/or using the wrong O/S for the task.
>> 9i is only certified for XP Professional.
>
> Hi,
>
> I am still pretty lost, here are more details about the setup,
> hopefully somebody has an idea:
>
> My computer is running an XP professional version 2002, with service
> pack 1. It is however a Danish version, could that be a problem?
>
> I have an SQL server installed already, which works fine.
>
> The computer can connect to our LAN printers, as well as the Internet,
> so I guess that the network is working fine.
>
> All help will be appreciated
> Regards,
>
> Kim

Usual considerations apply. Your machine sounds like it is not "clean". It sounds like it might be DHCP. Firewalls? Antivirus? It sounds like it violates evey known precondition for sound Oracle installations.

Start clean, or start virtual. (See
http://www.dizwell.com/html/index10.html).

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Nov 01 2004 - 05:06:29 CST