Deleting 14 Lac rows

From: Amit Kaushal <amit_at_billdesk.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2004 07:54:22 -0800

Hi,

I have an oracle 8.0.6 database running on solaris 2.6

I have to delete 14 lac rows from a table. When i begin deleting, after some time i get an error accordin to which my rollback segments have run out of space.
How do i do a commit say after every 5000 rows have been deleted.

I do not want to drop the segments and create a new one and then assign the delete transaction to the new rbs.

Pls advice
TIA
amit kaushal Received on Sun Oct 31 2004 - 09:54:22 CST