Re: Inserting Unicode Data.

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:21:44 +0100

Howard J. Rogers wrote:
[snip]

> It might also have something to do with the fact that UTF16 is the only
> national character set you can have in 9i.
>
> Regards
> HJR
Are you sure about that? The doccu (Globalization Support A96529-01, pg. 5-9, or pg 137 states you can use UTF8 as well as UTF16, UTF16 being default.
Is this a documentation bug?
I have never created a 9i database with UTF8, but always with the default UTF16, so I would not know first hand.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel