Oracle Server IP Change

From: nbhiker <not_at_likely.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:16:36 GMT

Hi Folks,

I've googled this to death and can't seem to find a resolution.

I have installed oracle 8i on Solaris 8. All was working well until I changed the IP of the server (which is necessary), and now I am getting connection errors. I can no longer perform a successful tnsping (TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist). I have edited tnsnames.ora and listener.ora (and double-checked), and the server and the listener will start up with no probems, but I am still unable to connect. Oh, and I am connecting from the local machine (testing on the box itself, not remotely).

Has anyone else run into thsi situation? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

nbhiker Received on Sat Oct 30 2004 - 20:16:36 CDT