Re: Sarbanes-Oxley

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:40:33 -0700

Oradba Linux wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>

>>Oradba Linux wrote:
>>

>>>"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message

>>>did you think about OS auditing ?
>>
>>I did. But how is that going to catch someone logging in from SQL*Plus?
>>I don't just need to know they are there ... I need to know what they
>>are doing. I think it impossible but that doesn't mean someone out there
>>doesn't know how to do it.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan
>>University of Washington
>>damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>>(replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)
>

> Hello Daniel ,
>
> Is there a specific list of things that need to be done with respect to
> oracle databases to be SOX Compliant.
> If yes, could you post here or send me an email offline .
>
> Thanks

My interpretation and the auditors interpretation differ but their opinion is the one that matters as they are the ones that have to sign off on the financial statements.

They want to log ALL insert, update, and select statements that occur anywhere in the database, under all schemas, that did not originate through an approved application interface.

Which means logging on as internal through server manager and then performing any action that can change any data.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington