authenticating user to Oracle - without supplying password - Single sign on

From: dk <goyald_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2004 18:03:29 -0700

Hello,
I have a java application (on Windows) that runs as a background job and needs to connect to an Oracle 9i server on a Solaris machine on same network backbone. As per network security guys, database passwords must change every 3 months. Recompiling Java programs with new password every three months is really not a good solution. As program runs as a daemon, prompting database password everytime it starts is not a practical situation. Security guys also rule out storage of password on disk in a flat file that can be read on each applicaton restart.

As this java program runs as a windows background job (as NT service) using a domain username password, is it possible that somehow I can get authenticated to Oracle with same domain account transparently... I will be using JDBC to connect to Oracle.

(I also need to do this for C++ programs on Windows and Oracle on Windows, Linux, Solaaris or AIX)..

Thanks and regards

D Goyal Received on Fri Oct 29 2004 - 20:03:29 CDT