Re: oracle killed session still holding locks

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2004 17:14:07 -0700

"Jean" <test_at_est.com> wrote in message news:<3810FD4EAD8AD611A50D00805F0DA7FA066B2A27_at_proxyusinor.usinor.com>...
> Hi,
> i'm new to oracle,
> the version is 9.2 aix 5.1 64 bit
> I've killed a session, it's been 9 days since.
> It's still marked as killed in v$session
> after that i've killed the pid in unix by kill -9 <pid>
> The session is still here holding locks on one table.
>
> What can i do to get rid of this ?

Assuming you are supported, you can go to metalink and search for notes, or enter a tar, or look for bugs.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=1020720.102

You can perhaps also get some information from lock manager in OEM.

select view_name from dba_views where view_name like '%LOCK%';

If all else fails, bounce the db.

> Are there any comands to show me what this session do, how many io, cpu
> (like sp_monitor in sybase) ?

select view_name from dba_views where view_name like '%SESS%' select view_name from dba_views where view_name like '%PROC%'

Or check out performance manager in OEM.

On unix, you can also do stuff like script for process information out of Oracle and use unix tools to find interesting information.

See also http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/readme-cdos.htm

> thx for help

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  "There are several technics to increase cursor
sharability so that shared pool fragmentation is reduce as well as