Re: Adding some random characters to Oracle password

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:15:06 +1000

Jeff wrote:

> In article <41814586$0$21982$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>, "Howard J.
> Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote:

>>Jeff wrote:

>>But that is the point about row level security (or the 9i secure
>>application role stuff that Pete was talking about). With either, there is
>>no password to discover. There are a series of tests (such as: what
>>application are you

> I admit that I am totally ignorant on this "secure application role"
> stuff.
> Guess I need to go look it up. Still, since I'm torturing your DBA, is
> there
> no sys or system account on your database? Bet that makes patching a
> bitch.

Sure. I have SYS and SYSTEM. SYS can be audited, however. And SYSTEM is just an ordinary user (though powerful), so he can be audited too.

So, torture away!

My system is either totally safe, or if it's been compromised, I'm going to know about it.

Regards
HJR Received on Fri Oct 29 2004 - 18:15:06 CDT