Re: So what if 8i is outta support ?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2004 14:51:26 -0700

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1099009234.233361_at_yasure>...

> Those rejected always get a letter explaining why. How else to encourage
> them to improve their skills. The point is not to hurt people. The point
> is not to favour the unprepared over the prepared either.

I have never received such a letter. At best, a very vanilla thanks-but-no-thanks-will-keep-resume-on-file-for-six-months-and-come-to-our-website-for-spam-if-we-have-an-opening-maybe-in-the-future postcard. Usually, more like the date who won't return phone calls and expects you to get the idea.

And sometimes I do find out that I was simply the second choice, after the first choice flakes out. This often happens multiple times after I accept another job. If I could figure out how to set transaction serialize on this I could be a happy camper.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
steal those cookies http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/29/gmail_vuln/