Re: catching hard-parsed SQL

From: Steve <ThisOne_at_Aint.valid>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:13:19 +1300

NetComrade wrote:
> Is there are an event that could be set to trace all SQL that's being
> hard parsed?
>
> Trying to increase this #: Soft Parse %: 94.93
> Library Cache contention is a problem during high traffic times.
> Examining v$sql yields little results.
>
> Thanks.
> We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes
> remove NSPAM to email

Slowlaris 2.7 was a real rush job to get 64 bit support out there in a hurry. I seriously recomment that your first tuning exercise be to upgrade to 2.8, or better still 2.9, seeing as 10 is now available.

Is your 8.1.7.4 patched up to date?

Sorry to be rather OT on a reply.

Steve Received on Fri Oct 29 2004 - 16:13:19 CDT