Re: So what if 8i is outta support ?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2004 14:02:41 -0700

rhugga_at_yahoo.com (Keg) wrote in message news:<6c795a35.0410281215.4810114b_at_posting.google.com>...

> I for one would not even wanna work in an environment that identifies
> candidates in such a manner. Just reminds me of some slow-moving,
> boring, HR driven company where you probably gotta wear dockers on top
> of everything else. =P

Used to work in shorts, now I spare people the sight of my knees :-O I've decided dockers are more comfortable than jeans, even if it makes me a bit overdressed on Fridays :)

> Just from my experience from about 5 years or so working positions
> where I directly interview and hire people, the resumes I see with all
> the certifications loaded on are people that are quite deficient and
> usually not real 'self starters'. I'm looking for the nitty-gritty,
> wear shorts to the interview, dive heads-in type of person that also
> sees thru all the bull s#$t. It has just been my personal experience
> that those with all the certs neatly indented on their resume aren't
> the ones. I would honestly be impressed if a guy handed me a rum&coke
> stained bar napkin with his number of it for a resume. Because to me
> that says, "I know my s#$t and can become an immediate contributor to
> your team."

Say, you know the Crazy Burro in Carlsbad...? :)

I actually would be interested in why you rejected my real resume. Contact me offline. (s/home.com/cox.net/)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"The most important product of knowledge is ignorance." - David Gross