Database Configuration Assistant fails to load on Windows 2000

From: James Starritt <starritt_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2004 12:05:26 -0700

I was wondering if somebody could help me out. A few weeks back I installed Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000 SP4. Everything went well and my database has been just fine. Today I needed to put up a new instance, and so went into the start menu, found the Database Configuration Assistant and click on the icon. For a split second my icon gets an hourglass indidcating something is happening and then nothing.

It reminds me of an issue I had with 8i and Pentium 4s but alas I am finding no information online to help me resolve this.

Just FYI, the is only one home and 9.2.0.1.0 is the only version that has ever been installed.

James Received on Fri Oct 29 2004 - 14:05:26 CDT