Re: Adding some random characters to Oracle password

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:49:25 GMT

Okay, done some reading and I still don't quite get it (docs weren't very helpful). Does this stuff require an application server to work?

If not, then could you give me a simple example of how I can connect to one account (don't want to manage 100's of accounts) in a database client-server from my application without using an embedded password (or typing one in) and have it be secure from unauthorized access (meaning outside the application). Assume that the database is on a VPN behind a firewall. A user's IP is probably irrelevant. No? Received on Fri Oct 29 2004 - 08:49:25 CDT