Re: Please Help

From: debashish <debashish_majumdar_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 28 Oct 2004 22:14:23 -0700

"Catherine" <catherine.devlin_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1098986110.221307.281900_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
> Oracle Applications refers to a very specific set of pre-built Oracle
> applications marketed by Oracle under the name "Oracle E-Business Suite
> 11i ". This "11i" is, confusingly enough, not two versions ahead of
> Oracle 9i - it's an unrelated version number scheme.
>
> See
> http://www.oracle.com/products/applications.html
>
> If you don't know specifically that your employer uses the E-Business
> Suite, then definitely go for a general-purpose DBA.
> Good luck!
> - Catherine Devlin
> http://profiles.yahoo.com/arcticturtle

Hi Catherine

   Thanks for keeping it short and simple.    Since i have already started reading the general DBA books by Oracle Press, i am finding it a little difficult to understand, since i dont have access to any Oracle database. Is there any Evaluation version of Oracle9i, which, newbies like me can use to learn the basics of Oracle DBA.
  Is it absolutely necessary to go for an OCP certification? If after my preparations i do feel confident to apply as a Junior DBA elsewhere, is OCP taken as a mandatory requirement?   And by the way i checked your profile link. You really look astonishingly beautiful! I am really honoured on getting your reply. Wish me luck with my Oracle DBA studies.

Regards
Debashish Received on Fri Oct 29 2004 - 00:14:23 CDT