Re: So what if 8i is outta support ?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:02:23 +1000

DA Morgan wrote:

> Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>

>> they sink or swim, and it's no skin of your nose particularly if they
>> sink.

> You were doing really well Howard right up to this sentence.

Try not to patronise me. It doesn't work.

> If they sink ... I lose the account.
> Then I can't afford my boat.
> Then I can't afford my single malts.
> Then I have to go do sales and find new accounts.
> These are all bad things.

And...

>> Of course, if they do that, you/your organisation might not get the
>> repeat business of filling any further jobs that client has to offer. But
>> it's not personal for you like it was for me.

...stone me if I didn't already say all of that.

> It is but in a different way. My reputation depends on never placing
> anyone that can't just swim but teach others to swim too.

It is just as important to my reputation with my boss to hire a colleague who does well. And it is just as important to my ability to fly airplanes or buy red wines to not screw up a hiring decision.

So take those common denominators out of the equation, and what are you left with? You ship your hires out to become someone else's problem. I have to work with mine daily.

That's the difference. And that's what I was getting at.

And I have already conceded that of course it's not quite as pat as that from your perspective, in the paragraph you quoted above. But it's nevertheless a genuine point of difference.

But I'm bored discussing this, because it's pointless.

HJR Received on Thu Oct 28 2004 - 20:02:23 CDT