RMAN 'list backupset verbose' not showing some backups after db move

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Oct 2004 13:20:58 -0700

Vital info:
Server1 AIX 5.2 ML03 HAES 5.1.0.5 w/ Oracle 9.2.0.4 EE, p630 (primary) Server2 AIX 5.2 ML03 HAES 5.1.0.5 w/ Oracle 9.2.0.4 EE, p660 (failover)
Server3 Sun Solaris 2.8 With Netbackup Server 5.0 MP2 with Oracle Extension, Veritas Master Server.
Server4 Sun Solaris 2.8 with Oracle 9.2.0.4 EE with OMS installed and a recovery catalog.

ProdDB1 9.2.0.4 EE runs on Server1 and has never been moved, since it's inception, it's always been backed up via rman and a recovery catalog.

ProdDB2 9.2.0.4 EE originally was on Server2 just over a month ago, it was moved to Server1 approx. 1 month ago as part of an upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 and HACMP 4.4.0. It too has been backed up via rman for approx. 6 months, approx. early April.

I was poking around in the rman cmdline tool running 'list backupset verbose' for both ProdDB1 & 2. In ProdDB1 I see that I have backups still available from approx. 1 to 2 years ago, this should be correct due to the retention levels set in Veritas, plus the db has never been moved. With ProdDB2, I only see backups from approx. 1 month ago, i.e. backups that were taken when the db has been on Server1. I'm not seeing any backups while ProdDB2 was on Server2, anyone know why? If I query the recovery catalog directly, i.e. rc_backupset, I see there are backups for ProdDB2 back to early April.

Note, when I moved ProdDb2 to Server1, I used ftp's. Also, I've been re-reading the RMAN user guide, spelunked through Metalinks and Technet but have not found an explanation yet.

TIA
Pete's Received on Thu Oct 28 2004 - 15:20:58 CDT