Re: Oracle10G error!!!!

From: David Fitzjarrell <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 28 Oct 2004 10:35:10 -0700

rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com (Rauf Sarwar) wrote in message news:<92eeeff0.0410280038.1d7f56c6_at_posting.google.com>...
> fitzjarrell_at_cox.net (David Fitzjarrell) wrote in message >
> > Your large pool is only 4 meg; increase its size and you should
> > eliminate the problem. Also, why are you using an 8k block size and a
> > db_file_multiblock_read_count of 16 on Windows? It should be 8.
> >

> Care to explain second half of your post a bit more?
>
> Regards
> /Rauf

Apparently my previous employer was using less than optimal hardware with their Windows NT/2000/XP solutions and I found, by experience, that 64K was the best I could expect (8k block size * 8k blocks read).  If that is incorrect then disregard the rest of my post and I shall stand corrected.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Oct 28 2004 - 12:35:10 CDT