Problem with the remote connection to Oracle database

From: EP <ep_at_NOWAYSPAMplusnet.pl>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:41:27 +0200

Hello,

I have some serious problems with the remote connection to my Oracle database 9.2.0.5 on HP-UX box:

sqlplus "sys/passwd_at_SERVICE as sysdba"

Every second attempt to connect to database is successful. Those unsuccessful attempts end with ORA-01017 invalid username/password; logon denied.
However, if I try starting up the database with the successful connection, I am getting the same error in the middle of the process and the database fails to start up.
Of course, the local connection works, but I need the remote one to restore the database from rman.
I have tried recreating the password file several times but it didn't help. Does anybody have any clues ?

TIA,
EP Received on Wed Oct 27 2004 - 17:41:27 CDT