Read-only proc privledges

From: Mark Sisson <mark_at_corporatedigital.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2004 16:10:11 -0700

Hi all.
I'm an old-school SQLServer DBA (don't throw any fruit please!) and now I'm working on a project with Oracle. I'm trying to use PL/SQL to view table structures, stored proc text, and view data in tables.

Things are working fine accept that I'm unable to see any stored procedures. My DBA said that he couldn't create a login that just has stored proc view privledges without also giving my stored proc execute privledges. Which of course he doesn't want to do.

So is there no way to give a user access to view stored procs with giving them execute rights?

TIA
mark Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 18:10:11 CDT