Re: Upgrade from Oracle Version 1 to ???/

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:04:40 GMT

Steve Walker wrote:

> Hi... Have a customer running oracle 1...on an ancient DEC box....
>
> How to upgrade to a "newer" version of oracle, sans DEC?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

Hmmmm - according to rumour mill, version 1 of the database was for the CIA and the commercial version number started at 2. (So what would you have to do to anyone helping you???)

However, Oracle has had a lot of products, almost all known as 'Oracle' by the users. Perhaps you could verify what kind of Oracle thingy you are running and confirm the version.

Strongly suggest you post the product name and version (again). If it is truly version 1 of the database, I suspect that the Oracle people here will be most delighted to help - there could be a marketing field day around that .. I'd envision kid gloves, champagne, that sort of thing <g>

/Hans Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 13:04:40 CDT