Re: How to move init.ora or SPFILE

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2004 08:18:16 -0700

JohannesBavendiek_at_gmx.de (Johannes Bavendiek) wrote in message news:<df6af3e.0410260132.5684a213_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> we are running Oracle 9.2 on a Win2003 Cluster.
> I want to move the init.ora and/or the SPFILE to another location
> (especially from the local disk to a cluster-disk).
> How can I do that?
>
> thanks in advance
> Johannes

Johannes, by default Oracle looks for the init.ora and spfile in the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs (UNIX) directory so if you really need to move these and do not want to have to use the pfile or spfile parameters on the startup command then you will need to re-install Oracle onto the cluster disk.

If you are going to run the database on clustered disk then you probably want the binary on clustered disk anyway.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 10:18:16 CDT