Re: How to move init.ora or SPFILE

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:19:52 +0200

Johannes Bavendiek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are running Oracle 9.2 on a Win2003 Cluster.
> I want to move the init.ora and/or the SPFILE to another location
> (especially from the local disk to a cluster-disk).
> How can I do that?
>
> thanks in advance
> Johannes

By making up your mind what you want to use: init.ora or spfile. But that aside, you can setup an init<sid>.ora in you local disk that contains the following line:

# assuming ascii parameterfile
ifile=/clusterdisk/somelocation/init.ora

or
# assuming binary parameterfile
spfile=/clusterdisk/somelocation/spfile

You have to do this on each node of course.

HTH
Holger Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 06:19:52 CDT